Monday, June 30, 2008

60 Minutes

Recent catastrophic events like earthquakes, tornadoes, storms, flooding left many people homeless both in developed and developing world. Most of them were aware of the impending disaster about to strike them and some were kind of caught unaware.

Watching the news along to get the updates, I could notice that lot of people were warned about impending danger to thier homes and Police, rescue teams and volunteers were asking people to get out of thier home and head to safer places. People were scrambling to pack few bags for immediate survival from thier home soon to be destroyed. In one such after-disaster interview, I saw few people repenting not able to take thier important belongings out of the house. This left me intrigued. I was wondering what would I be doing if I was in such a bad situation.

My question to you is say one fine day, someone comes knocking at your door, and tell you about some impending disaster, and that you have just 60 minutes to pack and leave the place, how ready are you? Are you well organized to take decision, pack and leave in 60 minutes? Will you grab documents? Money? Jewellery? clothes?....

In cases like earthquake you have less than a minute, for tornadoes you have less than 30 minutes and for cyclones maybe couple of hours. In any case, very less time. So how ready are you? Think!!!

2 comments:

Meghna said...

WOnderful blog....compels me to think and I decided that u r absolutely right....will have no time at all.....

New here.....loved ur blog...will be visiting more often!

BTW, if u get time, do pay me a visit too.

di.di said...

i kinda busy right now.. since I only got 4 mins to save the world...:P